Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Friday 19 October 2012

3D: Thinking Outside The Box

 This session was about thinking outside the box using a 3D method; So everyone in the class was given a box and was told to go out around Balham and produce a set of photos with different outcomes and different ways we could present the box.
We had to create meaning and have understanding to what we was doing with the box. I found this activity hard because I did not understand why we had to do this and what it thought us.

We had to site the box so the first think i did was place mine in a bin, There was no reason why i did this i just thought it would look interesting somehow.




Next I had my friend through my box into the air while i tried to capture it in mid air. This took several attempts because i wanted to get it right.
The way the picture came out i was very pleased because the box and the houses in the background are black silhouettes against the blue and red background of the Skye.
This was my favourite outcome.






Next we had to write a message onto the box. So i wrote being watched? because of the several security cameras around the school also this links to an artist called Banksy because he also did a piece where a camera was looking at a wall and he wrote " What are you looking at? " witch is very comical to me so i wanted to do something similar in relation to this.




This one was a bit spare of the moment because it had started to rain and i did not want the box to get wet so i placed the box on my head and my friend thought it was funny so he told me to do a solute and so i did and the picture came out with a comical sence about it because of the flag pole in the background.










No comments:

Post a Comment